15.11.10

Bush up. Lauer down. West down.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2010/11/12/kanye-lauer-bush-three-way-beef-whos-in-the-right/
"It was ONE OF the most disgusting moments of my presidency..."

Technically, Mr. Lauer is misquoting the former President. That's dishonest and unethical. I was never a big fan of Mr. W. Bush - except in the immediate aftermath of 9/11 which I have always given him high marks for, plus his efforts with Mexico and trying to push through some relief for the whole illegal immigrant situation. Everything else me and him pretty much disagree on.

But trying to smack him around for saying in the heat of an interview that personal insult X was ONE OF the most whatever moments - doesn't strike me as wrong. I think if you gave him a day or two to come up with written answers to written questions instead of trying to trap him in a face-to-face interview, he would reasonably answer differently.

I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt on choosing something like:

1. Ooops no WMDs.
2. Ooops we killed a whole lot of civilians in Iraq just to get one guy.
3. Oooops them's a whole lotta dead and angry people in New Orleans.
4. Ooops 9/11.

On top of that the man is NOT a racist. Kanye West is, but that's a different matter and he's a nobody as far as I'm concerned. F*** him.

No comments:

Post a Comment