20.11.10

Hey now. Easy on the hyperbole when spewing venom at the TSA.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/11/18/AR2010111804494.html

Wizened seniors strain to untie their shoes; beltless salesmen struggle comically to hold up their pants; 3-year-olds scream while being searched insanely for explosives - when everyone, everyone, knows that none of these people is a threat to anyone.
The ultimate idiocy is the full-body screening of the pilot. The pilot doesn't need a bomb or box cutter to bring down a plane. All he has to do is drive it into the water, like the EgyptAir pilot who crashed his plane off Nantucket while intoning "I rely on God," killing all on board.
So you're telling me what I should do when smuggling anything is to sow it under the skin of a 3-year-old and sedate the kid. Or dress like a salesman - or fool a "wizened senior" into carrying my explosives? Because people like you will fight for my right to get these people through security with a minimum of hassle because THEY DON'T LOOK THREATENING.

Or get a pilot's license and then smuggle stuff through security for someone else to use. Again and again and again while I go from airport to airport smuggling crap in.

Good deal. Some of these people seem like professional victims to me. I'm in the media. It's my job to be offended. I have to be dramatic. God forbid I should spend some time as a soldier or a security professional or a cop and THEN go talk about that stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment