- Newt Gingrich - bit of an arse to his women, ethics issues, dumb "invented people" idea.
- Ron Paul - nutcase re: gov't agencies, extremist anti-abortion views (?), but other than that - okay, and would be fun to watch in a trainwreck/fireworks kind of way.
- Rick Santorum - extremely anti-gay, anti-abortion, pro-settler, money ethics issues (?). I kind of dislike the rude google-bombing, though.
- Rick Perry - sent an innocent man to be executed, extremist religious.
- Mitt Romney - a bit too religiously motivated for my taste (no more G.W.-ish "crusaders", please), pro-settler.
- Jon Huntsman - drawing a blank on stuff that makes me dislike the others. Is he even a serious candidate?
2012 Republican candidates rundown.
I wikipedia'd and looked through Google News for stupid dumb stuff. The wikipedia pages seem to be scoured of anything remotely negative about the candidates - I'm guessing the campaigns are fairly up these days on having small-time editors able to massage the text on a wiki page to make sure little things like, say, sending a man to his execution when there's very credible and rather obvious scientific evidence available that he didn't kill his children. Check out Rick Perry's wikipedia page editing history. That part about CTW mysteriously shrunk over a period of a few weeks. The tide of people editing to smooth that stuff over was just too great. Now check the CTW page and come back to compare. Looks like positive things stick, negative things less so, unless it's particularly huge in the media.